California Divorce: The Divorce Rate for Baby Boomers is Skyrocketing
According to an article by CBS Boston, the divorce rate for baby boomers is skyrocketing. In 2009, 1 in 4 people getting a divorce were over the age of 50.
Despite the large number of couples in the baby boomer generation making the decision to go their separate ways, it's complicated for older adults to get divorced, primarily because their finances are more entwined. Also, if they have children under the age of 18, there are child custody issues to address.
We always recommend that people use a professional Private Investigator when considering a divorce, because Private Investigators have access to technology and tools that shine a light on the issues that might come up in court. The more information you can provide for your divorce lawyer, the more streamlined and easy the divorce process can be.
From uncovering financial infidelity to catching a cheating spouse - a Private Investigator can Help.
If you suspect a cheating spouse, a professional private investigator can offer the following:
- Surveillance services: If you suspect a cheating spouse, surveillance can prove whether your hunch is correct.
- Asset Searches: An asset search reveals the true financial picture. This is crucial if you don't control the finances in your relationship. Asset searches can find hidden assets, properties or investments you never knew existed, plus email addresses, bank accounts, civil and criminal records and much more that you were not aware of.
- Background Checks: A complete background check is useful when, as a concerned parent, you want to check the background of your ex-partner's girlfriend/boyfriend, or family members and close friends that your child may be exposed to. There may also be criminal records that are relatively new and can help explain and expose the truth.
Background checks can reveal more than the following about an individual:
- Criminal records
- Medical records
- Civil suits, judgments, and records of arrest
- Employment and financial history
- Sex offender status
- Address history
A private investigator can give you peace of mind when it comes to making important decisions related to your California divorce, and can help you navigate the divorce process as peacefully as possible.
If you are considering filing for divorce in California, contact Linked Investigations for a free consultation. If nothing else, you'll gain useful tips to help you through your divorce proceedings. We help clients increase their custody, gain huge sums of extra dollars in settlements, alimony and child support payments, among others, by helping them recover hidden marital assets that were rightfully theirs. We do our best to help people do their best in these difficult times.